Mr. Gregory R. CopleyAddress: PO Box 320608, Alexandria, VA 22320, USA
Tel: +1 (703) 548-1070 / +1 (703) 909-4167
Fax: +1 (703) 684-7476
- Current Position:
- President, International Strategic Studies Association
- Professional Career:
- 1972-Present: Founder/Editor-in-Chief, Defense & Foreign Affairs Group
- 1982-Present: Founder/President, The International Strategic Studies Association
- 1999-Present: Founder/President, Chief Intelligence Officer, the Global Information System
- 1991-1997: Editor, Capital Ship maritime trade journal.
- 1986-1996: Chairman, Ailsa-Perth Shipbuilding Group (UK)
- 1988-1999: Chairman, G. L. Watson & Co. (naval architects) (UK)
- 1988: Vice-Chairman, Highland Express Airline (Scotland)
- 1972-Present: Advisor to governments at head-of-government, ministerial, and head-of-service level.
- Directorships in a number of other organizations and corporations, 1966-Present.
- Fields of Academic Expertise:
- Global strategic studies
- Energy and water strategies
- UnCivilization: Urban Geopolitics in a Time of Chaos. Washington, DC, 2012: The International Strategic Studies Association.
- Energy Security 2.0: How Energy is Central to the Changing Global Balance in the New Age of Geography. With Andrew Pickford, Yossef Bodansky, and David Archibald. Washington, DC, 2011: ISSA.
- On Preferring Life: Human Considerations in a Larger World. Melbourne, Australia, 2010: SidHarta.
- Such a Full Sea: Australia’s Options in a Dynamic Indian Ocean Region. With Andrew Pickford. Melbourne, 2009: SidHarta.
- Energy Security in the Indo-Pacific Basins. With Andrew Pickford and Dr Kenneth Chern. Perth, Australia, 2009: FDI.
- Authored/co-authored 31 books on strategic philosophy, Indian Ocean, African, Central Asian, and other issues.
- Authored several thousand unclassified and classified studies on strategic, security, energy, water, and related topics. Strong focus on Indian Ocean and African issues.