Dr. Kuo-Tsai ChaoAddress:PO Box 1-435, Mucha, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Tel(O): (+886) 2-29391385
Mobile: (+886) 922-552621
- Current Position:
- Member of the Council of Maritime Affairs Advancement, Executive Yuan Supervisor, Chinese Society of International Law, Board member of the ROC Institute of Strategic Studies, the Secretary-General of the Sino-American Cultural and Economic Association.
- Ph.D.: in the University of Edinburgh, UK;
- M.A.: National Chengchi University, ROC、the University of Oslo, Norway、University of Cambridge, UK、 the Hague Academy of International Law, Netherlands
- B.S. : National Chengchi University, ROC、University of Cambridge, UK
- Professional Career:
- Professor of National Chengchi University, ROC
- Visiting Professor of the International Law in Dalhousie Univ., Canada
- Visiting Professor of the International Law in Rand African Univ., South Africa
- Fields of Academic Expertise:
- International Law Case Studies, Law of International Institution, International Environmental Law, Law of the Sea, and Law of Armed Conflict and Neutrality;
- The Question of Chinese Representation in the United Nations.
- The International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea.
- The Taiwan Challenge Ahead.
- Cross-Strait Cooperation on Joint Development of Oil and Gas Resources in the South China Sea: International Legal Perspective.
- The Issue Of The Arctic.
- Extradition & the Death Penalty Dilemma: Legal Analysis of the Interaction of Extradition Laws and Contemporary International Law in United States v. Bin Laden.
- On Chinese Representation Question and the Problem of Taiwan's Participation in the United Nations.
- Legal Settlement of the Sino-Vietnamese Border, Maritime Boundary Delimitation in the Gulf of Tonkin and other Unsettled Issues in the South China Sea.
- The Development of International Humanitarian Law Applicable in Civil Strife.
- On Legal Dispute of Takeshima between Japan and Korea.
- The Attorney-General of the Government of Israel V. Adolf Eichmann.