Dr. Hseik-wen SoongAddress:No.168, Sec. 1, Daxue Rd., Minxiong Township, Chiayi County 621, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Current Position:
- Director, Institute of Strategic and International Affairs, National Chung Cheng University, August, 2006 — July, 2012
- Director, Center of National Security Studies, National Chung Cheng University, August, 2009 —
- Professor, Institute of Strategic and International Affairs, National Chung Cheng University, August, 2006 —
- University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, Fall, 1992
- University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, Summer, 1995
- Professional Career:
- Foreign Policy(American Foreign Policy, China-Taiwan Relations, East Asian Security, US-Japan-China Relations, US-China-Taiwan Relations)
- Public Management(Conflict Resolution, Decision Making Process, Public Policy, Public Management)
- Regional Security（East Asia Security）
- International Relations Theory(Regime Theory, Interventionism, Hegemonic Stability, Multilateralism, Realism, Neorealism, Liberalism, Neoliberalism, Institutionalism, Constructivism)
- Communication and Negotiation (International Bargaining, Intercultural Communication, Negotiation Strategies, Third Party Intervention, Mediation)
- Hseik-Wen Soong, and York W. Chen, 2012. “Agent and Structure: The Ontological Debate between Structural Realism and Constructivism,” Wenti Yu Yanjiu, Vol.51, No.1, pp. 1-35.
- Hseik-wen Soong, and Liang-chih Evans Chen, 2011. “The Constructivist Level-of-Analysis Framework and Its Application in the Case of Taiwan’s Rapprochement with Chian since 2008,” Pacific Affairs. Under Review
- Hseik-wen Soong, and Houn-Gee Chen, 2011. “Policy Management in the Era of Globalization and WWW,” in Jing Shiang, Pin-yu Chu, and Don-yun Chen (eds.), E-Governance. Taipei: Wu-Nan Culture Enterprise. pp. 1-24.
- Hseik-wen Soong, 2011. “The rise, history and future of Neoliberal Institutionalism,” in Tzong-Ho Bau(eds.), International Relations Theory. Taipei: Wu-Nan Culture Enterprise. pp. 139-174.
- Hseik-Wen Soong, and Liang-chih Evans Chen, 2011. “U.S. Influence on Taiwan’s Democratic Development: The Analytical Perspective of an Evolutionary Approach of Hegemonic Stability Theory,” The Soochow Journal of Political Science, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 1-51.