Mr. Mark StokesAddress:2300 Clarendon Blvd, Ste 250 Arlington, VA 22201
- Current Position:
- Executive Director, Project 2049 Institute
- B.A., Texas A&M University
- M.A,. International Relations and Asian Studies, Boston University and Naval Postgraduate School
- Professional Career:
- Founder and President, Quantum Pacific Enterprises
- VP and Taiwan country manager, Raytheon International
- Team Chief and Senior Country Director, Office of Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs
- Fields of Academic Expertise:
- PLA Modernization
- PRC leadership, organization, and foreign policy
- Cross-strait security and policy
- US-Taiwan relations
- Stokes, M. 2014. China’s Air Defense Identification System: The Role of PLA Air Surveillance, Project 2049 Institute.
- Stokes, M.; Hsiao, R. 2013. The People’s Liberation Army General Political Department: Political Warfare with Chinese Characteristics, Project 2049 Institute.
- Easton, I.; Stokes, M. 2013. Half Lives: A Preliminary Assessment of China's Nuclear Warhead Life Extension and Safety Program, Project 2049 Institute.
- Hsiao, R.; Stokes, M. 2013. Who will be in the Next Central Financial and Economic Leading Small Group? Asia Eye.
- Stokes, M.; Hsiao, R. 2012. Countering Chinese Cyber Operations: Opportunities and Challenges for U.S. Interests, Project 2049 Institute.
- Stokes, M.; Hsiao, R. 2012. Leadership Transitions in the Second Artillery Force at the 18th Party Congress: Implications for Roles and Missions, Asia Eye.